lunes, 23 de agosto de 2010

The pygmalion effect

The Pygmalion effect or most known as the Rosenthal effect says that “one's expectations about a person can eventually lead that person to behave and achieve in ways that confirm those expectations”

taken from http://www.users.muohio.edu/shermalw/edp603_group2-f00.html

The Pygmalion is one of the key elements that a manager should take into account when managing consumers, employees, potential clients, bosses etc. because this way the expectations that this entire people have about you or the expectations that you have about them would have a very big chance to become truth. For example if I am the owner of a company and I talk to my employees in a certain way that make them think that I expect a lot from them, they will work harder and better, because they may think “my boss expects a lot from me I have to give everything in my work”. If you havent undestand yet how to create expectations in the other people and how the pygmalion effect works, i recomend you to see the movie pursuit of happyness with will smith, here i put a part of the movie that really teach me how to create expectatives. I think this movie is a pretty good example of the pygmalion effect because at the end all the expectatives that this guy has become truth.



I think that it is really important for you to take into account this statement not just for work but also for life , because it makes you see how important are emotions in humans, and that if you know how to manage this emotions, you will have more chances to succeed in your life




4 comentarios:

  1. I think you really put a nice video, that shows clearly how the people should think even thought they have some life problems, the persons must have always positive atitude, and good expectations about the LIFE !!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Julian, what a great video! this excelent example shows us how the pygmalion effect is useful in differents aspects on life and that the result of this high expectations, most of the time helps you to achieve all your goals or purposes.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. It's a beautiful part of this movie and I trully believe in this! The attitude that you have towards something you desire will directly affects the outcoming of your desire.

    ResponderEliminar